Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Astronomy Binoculars

Now that the Northwest is finally moving into the star gazing season, I am super excited that my astronomy binoculars have finally arrived.


Thanks Amazon.com and Celestron! I can't wait to test them out.

One of the main reasons I wanted something to compliment my telescope is to better watch when the International Space Station passes over. If you haven't ever seen it, you are missing out. When the ISS is transiting the sky it is by far the brightest and fastest moving object in the sky. I highly recommend Twisst. In my experience Twisst is the best use yet found for Twitter. If you list your city in your Twitter profile it will tweet at you with the time the space station will pass over and what direction you should look.

In the meantime take a look at these amazing pictures of the Space Shuttle Endeavor docked with the ISS: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/multimedia/e27depart.html

No comments:

Post a Comment